Monday, January 27, 2014

Sean and Catherine's Wedding #thebachelor



So last night was a delightful. I'm sick right now and but I had looked forward to #thebachelorwedding for forever! I insisted that Awston watch the Bachelor Wedding of the year with me- the beautiful Sean and Catherine. So I grabbed a bottle of wine, made some spicy ravioli and sausage for dinner, grabbed some tissues and parked myself on the couch to enjoy what was sure to be two hours of pure bliss. ABC did not disappoint. 

First off, Sean and Catherine are two people I had been rooting for from day one, and I was so happy to witness them fulfill their dreams and marry each other. I only wish I had scored an Invitation! Ha! 


So a couple of things about the wedding that I loved:
  • The vows...um beautiful! seriously these two obviously put so much time into these and memorized them all!
In case you missed them: 

Catherine: "Before I met you, before I even knew you existed, I knew you were coming," she told Sean while holding back tears. "I was ready to give my whole heart to someone, and now here you are. The first time I saw you, you were like a light to my bug. I had to find you. You mesmerized me with how brightly you shone. Every time I look up at you, my heart fills with love sprinkles. Every time I kiss you, my whole body feels it. Sometimes I feel like I'm going to explode from how much I love you. I am completely consumed by you, and tonight we get to become one. I promise to love you until after my heart bursts. I promise to love you after our children are old and grey, I promise to love you after we can't even remember our own names. I will still know how fully I have loved you. You're my dream and my reality, my future and my present. My whole heart and my best friend. I thank God for bringing me to you, instilling that light so I could find you. I thank God for bringing you to me and igniting that same light. I can't wait to shine together and make everybody completely blind. I love you."

Sean: "From the moment I met you, I wanted more," he told Catherine as they held hands. "I wanted more of your infectious smile, I wanted more of your adorable giggle and I wanted more of your love. You had me hooked from the beginning and I didn't want to let you go. We met in the strangest way you can possibly meet someone. On The Bachelor, with an army of people following us around with cameras, but I know that wasn't by accident. God says that all things work together for the good of those who love him. I know that we met on The Bachelor so that I could fall in love with my best friend. Every day I am encouraged by your love and your selflessness, and as your husband I promise to always put you first. I promise to be the best father I can be to our children, and I promise to always make you laugh with my silly faces and ridiculous voices. So today,in front of my dad, my family, all of our friends, I want to say that I love you and I'm gonna love you for eternity." 

  • Sean's Dad really just made me weep, you could just feel his dad's love from through the screen. He was crying and smiling all during the ceremony  (especially when Sean said his vows) and IMO, that is such a trademark of a loving father. #gopapalowe!

  • Speaking of crying.... Sean teared up a few times during the ceremony but he REALLY melted (and subsequently melted me) when he was walking out with his new wife on his arm. It was like he couldn't contain himself anymore. He was simply adorable and Catherine just beamed at him. Sweetest moment of the night.   
  • So the flowers, the dress, the VEIL!!! the hair, the earrings, the bridesmaids dress's were PERFECTION! and very similar to ours coming up in a few months.... 
  • Basically this wedding got me totally stoked for ours (117 days until the wedding....OMG) and our HONEYMOON in Europe is going to be AMAZING! Can't wait! So Happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment